Website Update on Visitation and Screening
The coronavirus (COVID-19) has been a worldwide concern for several weeks. Healthcare facilities, health agencies and public health departments have initiated steps to protect everyone. Effective March 16th, 2020; South Texas Spine & Surgical Hospital will limit the number of visitors to two visitors per day per patient. All visitors must be 16 years old or above to visit. Our isolation patients have additional visitation restrictions.
We will also be limiting the number of visitor entrances to the hospital so we can screen visitors for potential infections. We appreciate your understanding with our efforts to protect our patients, visitors and staff.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call South Texas Spine & Surgical Hospital at 210-507-4090.
South Texas Spine & Surgical Hospital COVID-19 Screening Information
Here at South Texas Spine and Surgical Hospital, we take your safety seriously. With the current issues with Coronavirus, do know that we are limiting visitors to two per room and they must be over 16 years of age. We also proactively screen all patients AND visitors before admission and upon arrival for registration. You will be asked the following questions for your safety and everyone at our hospital:
1. In the past 14-30 days have you or a close contact traveled outside of the United States, including but not limited to China, Japan, Italy, South Korea or Iran? (This includes travel by cruise ship)
- Yes (please specify): _______________________________________________
2. Do you have or have had any of the following symptoms in the past 14-30 days: (Check all that apply)
- Fever 100.4 ⁰ F or higher
- Dry Cough
- Shortness of Breath
- Other(please specify): ____________________________________________
3. Have you been exposed to anyone that has or has had an unexplained respiratory illness such as seen with COVID-19 in the last 14-30 days?
- Yes (please specify):_____________________________________________
General Statement regarding about safety and cleaning
South Texas Spine & Surgical Hospital takes pride in the cleanliness and prevention of any infection each and every day. In our efforts to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, we will be monitoring the cleanliness of hospital surfaces, equipment and potentially at risk areas to prevent transmission. The safety of each and every one of our patients, visitors and staff is of the utmost importance to us.