Mobi-C by Zimmer Biomet
*New Type of Cervical Disc
Cervical Disc Replacement with Mobi-C
In a surgery with the Mobi-C Cervical Disc, the unhealthy disc is removed, but instead of a bone spacer or plastic implant along with a plate and screws, a Mobi-C is implanted into the disc space. Where a fusion procedure is intended to eliminate motion at the surgery levels, the goal of a surgery with Mobi-C is to allow motion at those levels.
Both fusion and Mobi-C artificial disc surgery:
- Replace the damaged disc.
- Try to match a healthy disc height to help un-trap any nerves.
Only the Mobi-C implant:
- Tries to maintain neck movement.
- Fits entirely within the disc space.
At a 60 month test trial, Mobi-C demonstrated:
- Lower rates of adverse events determined to be major complications compared to fusion.
- Lower rates of adjacent level degeneration compared to fusion.
- A higher Neck Disability Index (NDI) success rate compared to fusion.
- Amazingly! A mean return to work time 20.9 days shorter than fusion.