Peggy Beene, RN, BSN
Perianesthesia is composed of the following four areas:
- Pre-Admission Testing (P.A.T.)
- Post Anethesia Care Unit (P.A.C.U.)
- Phase 2/Outpatient Discharge
Most Common Surgical Procedures:
- Spinal surgeries including: Laminectomies, Decompressions, Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgeries, Spinal Fusions, Implantation of Artificial Cervical Discs
- Tissue Sparing, Minimally Invasive Total Hip & Knee
- Implantation of Spinal Cord Stimulators and Pain Medication Infusion Pumps
Pre-admission Testing and Pre-Op are both fast pacedenviorments with patient safety and satisfaction being a top priority. PACU and Phase 2 are staffed with highly skilled RNs in this area where patients are expertly cared for following surgery and reunited with their loved ones once stabilized.
Each area is staffed with Registered Nurses and supported by two medical assistants. Shifts are adjusted daily to accommodate the needs of the surgery schedule. PACU has a RN on call daily that serves as part of the OR call team.
Pre-Admission Testing hours of operation:
Monday — Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.