Clinical Leadership Team
Carrie Spencer, RN, BSN
Surgical Services Director
Surgical Services is composed of the following areas:
- Operating Room (O.R.)
- Sterile Processing (S.P.D.)
- Surgery Scheduling
The Hospitals Surgical Services consists of:
- 6 operating room suites
- 2 treatment Rooms
- Newly updated Sterile Processing department
- Imaging capabilities for OR, Pain Management, post operative care and Pre-Admission Testing
The Surgery Scheduling department runs from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday with an hour break for lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The Surgery Scheduler is available at 210-507-4141, and for immediate assistance during breaks or after hours, the Operating Room Manager is available at 210-507-4150.
Comprised of 5 sterile processing technicians who are responsible for cleaning, decontaminating, processing, sterilizing, assembling, testing and managing the instruments and equipment needed in surgery. Sterile processing department staff
plays a large role in helping prevent healthcare-associated infections.
Full time licensed radiology technicians provide radiological support for the operating room, pre-admission testing, post anesthesia care unit and inpatient unit. Six c-arms, two portable x-ray machines, and one diagnostic x-ray machine
- Six operating rooms that run from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- After-hours and weekend emergency on-call staff available 24/7.
- Tenured staff including Registered Nurse Circulators, Certified Surgical Technologists, Anesthesia Techs, and OR orderlies.
- Highly trained staff who are experts in the field of orthopedic and spine surgery.
Surgical procedures include but are not limited to:
- Knee Replacement (traditional and tissue sparing/minimally invasive approach)
- Hip Replacement (traditional and direct anterior tissue sparing approach)
- Sports medicine
- Hand and upper extremity surgery
- Foot, ankle and lower extremity surgery
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Spine Fusion (cervical, thoracic, and lumbar)
- Spinal cord stimulator placement
- Pain pump placement
- Pain management including epidural steroid injections, nerve root block, and radiofrequency ablation.